If you’d like to meet the SPA adoptable pets, and apply for adoption, visit Safe Place for Animals at 905 Mallard Drive in Gallatin, Tennessee during our shelter visiting hours Monday-Saturday 1:00-4:00 pm - no appointment needed unless specified on pet listing, and Sunday - by appointment only. For Sunday appointment availability, please email us here.
• Safe Place for Animals does not do same-day adoptions, and adoptions are not on a first come, first serve basis.
• Adoption applications are available for submission in-person only.
• Applying to adopt a pet from Safe Place for Animals does not guarantee adoption approval.
Each pet is unique and they all have different personalities, temperaments and needs. So we work very hard to make sure that each pet is matched with the individual or family that is going to be the best fit for both the pet and adopter. Therefore, Safe Place for Animals does not do same-day adoptions and adoptions are not on a first come, first serve basis.
Each pet receives multiple applications so we thoroughly review each one, including doing veterinary checks and personal reference checks. There is no definitive timeline on the adoption process; it can vary by pet. Applying to adopt a pet does not guarantee adoption approval. We will contact you if your application has been approved. Those not approved may not be contacted due to the volume of applications and the time limitations of our volunteer staff. However, you are welcome to contact us to follow-up on your application status if you have not heard anything by a week after applying.
SPA shelter pets receive the following vetting:
- Up to date, age appropriate, core vaccinations including Rabies, DA2PPv (dogs) and FVRCP (cats)
- Heartworm test and up to date monthly heartworm preventative (dogs)
- FeIV/FeLV test (cats)
- Microchip implantation and registration
- Other medical care, as needed
Adoption fees vary by pet and are noted on each pet's listing.
Monday-Saturday 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Sunday by appointment only